Coreteka Last Mile Connector: A Reinvented 3PL Delivery Service
In this article, we’ve collected a description of the solution, the frequently asked questions, advantages for e-commerce, and experience of using the product by Raben Ukraine company.
- How does Last Mile Connector save more than 1 hour of the manager’s time for every 30 parcels?
- What benefits does the tool provide for business?
- The experience of using Last Mile Connector
- Which processes of the Raben company require urgent improvements?
- Tell us more about how exactly Last Mile Connector was involved
- What volumes are we talking about?
Reality dictates the new rules of business management, and every day these rules become stricter. The current situation in the world seriously affects the economy and in particular the logistics industry.
It got harder to organize the goods delivery to the consumer quickly in the lockdown conditions, but entrepreneurs are able to overcome the difficulties of any scale. Since the interaction of people on purchases, sales, and transactions has almost completely switched to online, the large suppliers of goods and products worldwide are forced to seek new solutions for optimizing the processes of storage and supply to a final consumer at a lower cost.
What should be done to not only keep supplies and sales at a stable level but also to constantly increase these figures?
CoreTeka company has been successfully implementing innovations in the logistics field for 4 years. We set the task to launch an actual product, which would help to process orders, and deliver parcels as efficiently as possible, and with minimal delay. Thus, the team of CoreTeka’s developers has implemented a solution – Last Mile Connector, the tool for end-to-end management and optimization of logistics operations with postal and courier services.
While you have more difficult tasks, the platform helps to reduce shipping costs and manage bids. It can be easily integrated with other services.
CoreTeka company collected the answers to the frequently asked questions for a better understanding of the product’s capabilities.
How exactly does the platform help with the realization of logistics operations on various levels? How will the Last Mile make the work with courier services easier from the first day of connection? Now you will know everything. Also, you can read about ERP system software.
How does Last Mile Connector save more than 1 hour of the manager’s time for every 30 parcels?
We measured the time it takes for an operator to enter the same data about a parcel and receiving prices on the sites of 4 popular services (Nova Poshta, UkrPoshta, Meest Express, Justin):
- We filled in common information: sender, receiver, dimensions, weight, and cost.
- We measured the time for filling in the fields and loading of web-pages.
- The connection speed was 80 Mbit/s (or 10 MB/s). It’s pretty fast.
- We sent 4 requests and recorded 4 prices. Should be noted that it was in ideal conditions: when an operator sent a request and switched to another tab without waiting for the response.
This process took 2 minutes. In real life, it naturally takes much longer. Additionally, your manager is not a robot. He can’t continuously fill in 50 and more orders without declining productivity.
Not to mention the fact that our system imports the receiver’s data reserve transportation, and provides a waybill in 2 clicks.
So, the system saves more than 1 hour of the manager’s time for every 30 orders, 3 hours – on 100 orders, and 30 hours on 1000 orders.
What benefits does the tool provide for business?
Depending on the which side the product is managed Last Mile Connector may serve as:
- Order management tool. Here are available functions for sorting and filtering orders, editing, and creating waybills for courier services. Connector admits to working with the most demanded 3PL operators and courier services, such as Nova Poshta, Meest Express, InTime, UkrPoshta, SAT, and others.
- The shipping cost calculator. As the widget of an online store, it helps customers to determine the cost of courier services. At the time of placing an order, you will clearly understand how much it costs and at what time a parcel will be delivered depending on the destination.
- Warehouse management tool. It consists of functions for creating, editing, deleting, appointing responsible persons, and indicating the location of a warehouse.
The user interface is both easy-to-use and efficient in terms of functionality. It means that the platform has become a widespread tool in the logistics field. It is able to shorten the distance between 3 remote links in the supply chain: customer, warehouse, and courier service.
As the assistant in the interaction between the company and the consumer, Last Mile Connector admits to managing all deliveries in one interface.
When completing an order, Last Mile Connector performs the following functions:
- Receives and enters a customer’s purchase in the admin panel, where operators and administrators of the warehouse interact with an order.
- Helps to find the nearest and most profitable shipping for every order or for all at once.
- Creates a waybill in the necessary courier service and provides it for printing immediately after confirming an order.
The speaker of Kyiv Logistics School, CEO of CoreTeka company, Alex Isachenko, clarifies:
“The process of implementing is safe, simple, and flexible for a client. The implementation of the system takes place on the client’s servers, the selection of which we can assist. Our team members have experience in cybersecurity, as they previously worked in large financial institutions. So, we minimize the chance of data breaches. Data safety of our clients is the main priority”.
The experience of using Last Mile Connector
Last Mile Connector is intended to help in the work of such giants of Ukrainian logistics as Raben and Ekol. Michal Koval, the director of the warehouse logistics department at Raben Ukraine company, agreed to share their experience of using CoreTeka’s product. Read more about cross-border shipping solutions.
Which processes of the Raben company require urgent improvements?
Raben third-party logistics is a world filled with modern innovative solutions. We constantly develop warehouse infrastructure to offer the market the highest level of logistics and related services. The full integration with Warehouse Management System – this is what can help to optimize and accelerate logistics operations during times of severe pressure. Software product Last Mile Connector has become an optimal solution.
Tell us more about how exactly Last Mile Connector was involved
Last Mile Connector became a part of the project dedicated to the integration of the Warehouse Management System with a similar system from one of the key customers. Till then, the company’s specialists registered manually on web portals all shipments, which were carried out from the Raben Ukraine warehouses through the mediation of courier services. Software implementation helped to automate the processes of information transferring to courier services.
What volumes are we talking about?
We are talking about daily shipping operations in the amount of about 800-1100 units. After the implementation of the Last Mile Connector solution, the information about all of these operations, which are reflected at Raben’s WMS, is automatically registered on the courier services web portals.
The product gives a great opportunity to automate data transfer and reduce the number of errors for companies, respectively freeing employees time to perform other important tasks.
Also, we have an interesting article about UI design patterns in our blog.